Trustee – Voluntary Vacancy
Role 14-6 hrs per week I Andover, SP10
Andover and District Mencap (ADM) are a local charity that enables choice and independence for adults and children with learning disabilities.
We are seeking to appoint new Trustees who are eager to share their knowledge and experience. The Board of Trustees are responsible for:
- Overseeing ADM’s long-term strategy to ensure that ADM pursues its objectives
- Ensuring compliance ADM’s governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation
- Ensuring the organisation uses its resources wisely
What you’ll need:
Successful candidates will have a strong interest in improving the services available for individuals with learning disabilities. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A capability to operate at a strategic level
- A willingness to commit the necessary time to undertake the role
- An ability to actively participate in group discussions
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
What you will get in return:
Joining the Board of Trustees offers individuals a chance to make a real difference to the lives of children and adults with learning disabilities. These roles are not remunerated but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply:
There is an informative recruitment pack available, together with an application form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01264 321840.
For additional information about Andover and District Mencap please visit their website at www.andovermencap.org
APPLY (external link)