Post: Project Manager (Interim role, initially 3 months)
Location: Central London
Salary: c£60K p.a.
MORhomes is a bold new initiative to set up a borrowing vehicle for the social housing sector. Over 40 major borrowing housing associations have come together to set up a brand-new plc which will be listed on the stock exchange, borrow on its own balance sheet and lend to housing associations. Advantages to borrowers will be lower cost of borrowing, quick and easy access to additional funds and much greater flexibility. Borrowers will also be the majority shareholders, so any surplus it makes will go back into social housing.
We are working with leading legal and financial advisers in the field who have produced a sound business plan to borrow £1billion a year using a ‘medium term note’ (MTN) bond programme. The sponsoring housing associations have given the go ahead (and funds) to set-up the company and issue the first bond. A non-exec Board and CEO have been appointed. Most of the company administration and accounting will be outsourced with a small in-house support team overseeing the operation and controlling key functions such as Board meetings, business planning and loan applications.
The main purpose of the job is to manage the complex project to set up the company and get it to the point of issuing the first bond. We need to engage expert advisers, agree the structure of the company, set it up, execute the MTN programme, document loans and enter into a whole range of contracts to provide services as well as setting up core in-house functions and systems.
Reporting directly to the CEO you will need to be a self-starter with the drive to keep on top of a whole range of different tasks in a fast-moving environment. You will have had some experience of managing complex projects and controlling expenditure budgets. You will be comfortable with reviewing complex documentation and able to establish good working relations with a wide range of advisers, contractors and colleagues.
This opportunity would be ideal for a business or finance analyst looking for an exceptional opportunity to gain treasury and financing experience.
Immediate availability will be an advantage.
- The post will be based in central London.
- The package for the role will be c£60k p.a. for full-time working.
- MORhomes aims to be a modern employer and great place to work. Our focus will be on achievements. We will be open to discuss flexibility around working hours and occasional working from home.
- MORhomes will consider candidates on a secondment basis from their current employer if the role provides an opportunity to develop skills and experience.
To apply please can you:
- provide an up-to-date CV which includes your career history and experience with any breaks explained, together with education and vocational qualifications, memberships of professional bodies, and 2 professional references, one of which is your current or most recent employer (references will not be taken up without permission);
- write a brief supporting statement setting out why you think you are the right candidate for the job. The information in this statement and the way in which it is presented will form a key part of the shortlisting process;
Once complete, please send your application (preferably in MS Word format) by email to Heather Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications immediately and will arrange to see strong applicants at an early stage. Final applications must be received by 10am, Wednesday 28th February, 2018. However, MORhomes reserves the right to make an appointment as soon as it has identified a strong candidate and will close the advertising accordingly.
Please contact Sue Manning, if you wish to have an informal discussion about the role or if you have any questions on 07939 269 612.